- Yesterday we had 3,192 cases, today we have 63 more bringing the state total to 3,255. We have two more patients in the hospital, bringing the state total to 95. Two new deaths were recorded, raising our total to 61. 2,520 tests were done yesterday with a 1.5% positive rate
- New cases are down the last three days. The 7-day rolling average has moved down the last 5 days. Hospitalizations are down or flat.
- He announced today that beginning May 4, gyms, fitness centers & indoor athletic facilities can reopen but subject to the following limitations:
- Screening for staff and patrons
- No entry for:
- Recent travelers to NY NH CT, New Orleans or overseas
- Those with fever, symptoms, recent contact with Covid-19 cases
- Temperature check for staff
- Face coverings for staff and patrons, except when actively exercising
- No pools, spas, showers, saunas
- Hand sanitizer available
- Equipment sanitized after each use
- 12-foot distancing while working out & during training sessions, classes
- No personal contact
- They are not ready to reengage summer teams and youth sports now. They will take another look in mid to late May. These activities are currently prohibited through the end of May. He wants to give time to get ready before reopening.
- Social restrictions remain in place at all times. He wants to maintain a downward curve so social distancing and the other restriction are important and everyone should take them very seriously. It is all up to individuals to determine if we can move forward with openings or if we have to retreat.
Dr. Nate Smith, Secretary of Health
Case Report: 63 new cases make total state total 3,255, of which 1,888 are active. No new counties with cases.
Two more hospitalizations bring total to 95 currently hospitalized. We had five more people go on ventilators, so our total is now 23. We had two new deaths; our total is now 61.
22 of the 61 total deaths came from nursing homes. We had 56 new recoveries making the total now 1,305.
No new cases at Cummins, but 13 inmates are hospitalized and three are on ventilators. 14 new cases from the federal prison in Forrest City for a total of 101; no new staff cases were reported.
To see the entirety of the press conference, click https://youtu.be/M6dby_